Monday

Take 'n Write Contest

I know, I enter a lot of contests, especially Storyteller's. In this contest, we have to take a picture and write a little story about it. This is my entry:

I had been wandering in the eerily sylvan countryside for days now. I was lost, with no idea which way was what.
Now, to make it worse, it was raining. Not that gentle, soothing rain. This was the beating-down-hard, sideways-pointing rain.
In this deep forest, not one blossoming plant lived. It was only around the outer edges that very few flowers lived. It was rumored that a dragon's breath prevented the growth of anything beautiful and colorful in the deepest parts of the forest.
I was weary from my wandering. I was about to give up, sit down, and wait for my doom to fall upon me, when I saw something bursting with color. I crawled up to it and examined it.
It was a flower. One single, tiny, blue flower. This tiny blob of color gave me hope. It meant I was nearing the outer edge of the forest. I was almost home.
I looked up through the trees. There was a break in the dark foliage. A tiny hut lay just beyond the walls of the trees. I pushed myself to my sore and bloodied feet, energized by the revived prospect of hope.

Hope you enjoyed it!


4 comments:

  1. Good job! Thank you for laying the request on my blog :) I will review your books as soon as I can, definitely! It may not be until July though, as a warning--I'm pretty heaped up with requests right now, which is a big blessing considering how much I *wanted* them before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Nice job, and what a neat picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lena- I love your blog! It's too cute. :) I followed. :) Sorry my picture is different from my profile picture, still haven't figured out why it didn't switch over.. But anyways, :P

    Melody
    pinkmels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete