Sunday

1, 2, 3, 4, 5!

What do one hour, two bows, three years, four books, and five days a week have in common?

It's the anniversary of my taking violin lessons! I practice an hour each day, I've used two different bows, I've been playing for three years, I'm finishing up Volume 4 of the Suzuki Violin Method series, and I practice five days a week.
I've also been in need of a better violin for several months. I've outgrown my first violin, which cost only $150. My mom, my teacher, and I went to a music shop some months ago to look at the selection of step-up violins and better student violins. My teacher's two favorites were a gently-used Roth student violin that was made in West Germany in 1969 ($699) and another one that I don't remember the details of ($1575).
Well, I finally got one last Saturday! After the YBAC, since I needed to stop at the same music shop to get some stuff for my guitar, instead of getting guitar strings and a strap, my dad bought me the Roth student violin! I played until suppertime on Saturday night, and I made sure that I put my old violin in a different (and much older) violin case.
I've been interested with the violin ever since my older brother received a ~100-year-old violin from a friend of my dad about five or six years ago. One of my best friends at church usually brought her violin to church early on Sunday nights, and once she even let me play a little bit. It wasn't until three years ago that I got my first violin and started violin lessons with the violin "expert" at my church.
My teacher has been playing the violin since she was four. Instead of giving her age, I'll just say that she's 4 1/2 years older than me.
Well, that's it for now.


1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that you got a new violin! :) I would love to play the violin — I did when I was about four, but now I play piano and flute.

    ~*Chantelle*~

    ReplyDelete