Tuesday

Recipe Post!!!

Okay, so my mom makes this a lot. She and I are the only ones in the house that can eat it. My dad can't eat it because he can't eat onions, and my sister won't eat it because she doesn't like onions. I've made it a few times, and each time, it was AMAZING!!!!! So, I decided to share the recipe. Here it is:

Your choice amount of onions (I used a thin slice and a half of a red onion)
Your choice amount of spinach (I put lots and lots in because the leaves shrink)
Your choice amount of green peppers (I used about a third of a good-sized pepper)
Your choice amount of mushrooms (I don't like mushrooms, but this is still good without them)
One tablespoon of shredded Parmesan for garnish
1/2 to 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (I used one tablespoon)
One tablespoon of olive oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)

Put the oil in a small to medium-sized skillet and heat it (Caution: don't burn the oil). When the oil is ready, combine onion, peppers, and mushrooms in the skillet and saute until the onions and peppers are limp.
Add the spinach. Keep all in the skillet until all the spinach is shriveled up but still green.
Scoop contents onto a plate and add the lemon juice. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top for garnish.




The first time I made this, I had just the onions and spinach. The next time, I added the green peppers, lemon juice, and Parmesan. I would have to say that I liked the latter.

Hope you try this recipe some time!


1 comment: