Thursday

Elegant Blog Award!


Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My life has been a bit hectic lately.



Anyway, thanks to Sarah Elizabeth for awarding me!

THE RULES


When you receive the award, link back to keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com and the blog that nominated you.


Display the award button in the post

Answer all of the 12 questions given in this post (Do not make your own questions)

Nominate 12 bloggers

Notify them that they have been awarded


THE QUESTIONS

1. What made you decide to start blogging?
     Well, I'd have to say it was probably Kara at Saved By Grace. When I heard that she had one (because we were both part of an online Bible study group), it seemed really interesting and fun.

2. What is your fashion style?
     At home, I usually lounge around in pj pants and a t-shirt, but I'd have to say that I love maxi dresses and skirts. If I have a nice scarf to match (I only have three), I might wear it with an outfit.

3. What is something none of your followers know about you?
     O_o hee-hee! Oh, this is such a good one. Well, I'd have to say that my knack for penning stories is a hereditary trait. Any of you know who the Brothers Grimm were? I'm a descendant of one of them (I don't know which one though). Is that awesome or what?!?

4. What are some of your blogging goals?
     Reach others for Christ was my main goal

5. Where is your favorite place to shop?
     There's an awesome bookshop downtown that I've been to once, and I absolutely loved it (even though I didn't buy any books). Other than that, I honestly don't know. :-/

6. What would be your ideal amount of blog followers be?
     I'd have to say around 50, but it'd be awesome if I got more. It's a nice, rounded, even number, and it's not super giant or small.

7. What are your talents?
     I play a multitude of instruments, including piano, violin, accordion (yes =D), guitar, and organ. I also write fantasy/fairytale genre stories; I'm a bit challenged if I have to write anything that is nonfiction, in an organized manner anyway.

8. Are you a leader or a follower?
     Well, I guess it would have to depend on the situation. But I think I'm more of a follower.

9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
     "In your world I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason you were brought to Narnia, that knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there." ~Aslan, Voyage of the Dawn Treader



10. Do you have a favorite book or book series?
     Oh, goodness, I really don't know. I'd have to say some of my favorites are A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis, The Dragon Keeper Chronicles by Donita K. Paul, and several others.

11. Out of all the synonyms for elegant, which would you describe yourself with (smart - stylish - dressy - graceful - dainty - fine)?
     Most likely smart, probably not stylish, maybe dressy, probably not graceful, and definitely not dainty or fine.

12. What is your favorite flower?
     Why so many hard questions? I would have to say, I just don't know. Calla lily, maybe. Amaranth flower, possibly. Wild lilies, probably.

As for the nominees, for those of you who would like to do this tag, you can just go ahead! But one person I would like to tag is my younger sister Heidi Anne over at Into It . . . Deep.


1 comment:

  1. So glad you did this! I absolutely love the Narnian quote! Good choice. =] As is the Dragon Keeper Chronicles. Good series! And waitaminute... The Grimm Brothers?? Cool. Can you prove it? ;D

    Oo! and if you like Calla Lilies, you might like this picture I took earlier this summer: http://ladyelisera.deviantart.com/art/Calla-Lily-396345292?q=gallery%3ALadyElisera&qo=1

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete