Wednesday

YBAC

Last Friday, at my piano lesson, my teacher gave me some info about an upcoming music competition: the Young Baroque Artist Competition. He asked me if I was interested in entering, and I said that I was; and I am! I'm super excited about it. The top three contestants each get quite a large monetary prize and an opportunity to play in a Bach concert!
If you don't know what baroque music is like, just think about Bach, Vivaldi, Pachelbel, Handel, and Scarlatti: they were all baroque era. Anything at the time of and after Mozart is NOT baroque, so no Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Clementi, Mozart, Dvorak, Brahms, etc.
Here is a list of the pieces I will be playing hopefully:

Prelude and Fugue 15 in G Major WTC II Bach, JS
Solfeggietto in C Minor Bach, CPE
Prelude and Fughetta in G Major WTC II Appendix III Bach, JS



1 comment:

  1. Hi Lena!

    I just found your blog and following! :) I hope your competition goes well!

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete